Monday, March 31, 2008

What Fun!

Tonight we had a birthday party for Chris and Brady. It was a blast if I do say so myself. We had about 22 couples come over and because of the bad weather we all stayed in the house. It was a little squishy but not too bad. Ryan and Tiff loaned us two folding tables and we had camp chairs in the front room. It looked totally ghetto but who cares? Here are a few pictures (sorry my camera is sooo bad). We'll get a new one someday :)


We had burgers and hot dogs plus
a bunch of different salads and chips and appetizers. It was tasty food. Gretchen made a yummy, super delicious, chocolate strawberry cake with whipped cream and Linzy made a chocolate cupcake tier cake that was so cute. It had a little semi truck on the top. Lol. We sang happy birthday and they blew out the 4 candles. All in one breath, too :) There were kids all around and lots of visiting and laughing. It was such a great night. I love having parties. They are so fun. And everyone helped clean up afterward. It was so great to have so little to do after such a big night. Thanks to everyone who helped clean up. I really appreciate it. And thanks again for coming and bringing all of your delicious dishes.
Clif and Camey came too, and they brought my sweet nephew Spencer. He is the most adorable little boy. I just love him to pieces. I'm so glad you came, guys. We can't wait to hang out some more.
Now, I'll get a little sappy and just say how blessed and honored I am to be married and sealed to Chris. He takes such great care of me and makes me laugh along the way. He is so hardworking and responsible when it comes to our (his) business. He's smart, funny, and handsome as can be. I love you, Topher. You are a part of all my favorite memories. I can't wait to make some more with you. Happy Birthday!


~*~Ask the child why it is born; ask the flower why it blossoms, ask the sun why it shines. I love you because I must love you.~*~ George Upton (1834-1919)

10 comments:

ariel said...

you two are great hosts! what a fun party! i hope chris had a fun birthday!

Team Box! said...

Such a fun night, you guys are the best, I love how close this ward is, its so fun! Thanks again, we need to keep it up, and next time outside!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the great party! Tara you are the hostess with the mostess :) I loved it. What a great way to celebrate Birthdays!! :) LOL I cannot believe you actually got pics from your dentist visit. The girl who was helping DR Elmer in your pic is my favorite.. I forgot her name though. I had totally forgotten to ask you if you fell asleep or not... Anyway- before this novel gets too long.. be safe on the road!!

Unknown said...

Sorry about the 'R' I'm logged in on Ryan's email.. but this is Tiffany!

Camey said...

It was fun to see you and meet some of your friends. A lot of your friends have personalized pages. Fancy blogs! The only way I know how to get that is to pay 20 dollars. Girls are so funny! Can't wait to hang out again!

The Goffs said...

I really loved my burger. That was a good time. Hope Chris had a good b-day and you're a great wife. I am going to make our blog private so send me your email so I can invite you. Hope you weren't falling asleep driving.

Nate and Linds said...

What a fun night! Thanks for the good time-friends and food my absolute favorite! Happy Birthday Chris AKA Topher!!

Paul*Cat*Hallie*Ty said...

You two are just way too much fun!!! What an awesome party, thanks so much for including us it was so nice for me to get out and socialize a bit. Hallie had fun too. The food was delicious and the company even better. Chris I hope you had a fantastic b-day, your wife is AMAZING!!!

Anonymous said...

What a way to party! We better keep it up all summer long!

lil megan said...

You guys do know how to throw a party thanks again, we had a lot of fun. You guys are the best. We hope to have many more BBQ's on that amazing deck this summer. Love ya