Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Potatoes


This past spring I had a few potatoes that were too old to eat so I decided to "plant" them; meaning that I took them outside to our plot of "dirt" {really, you can't even call it dirt; it's "crappy clay in my opinion...} stuck them in the ground and tossed more "dirt" on top. No watering required.

A few months later Chris pulled a weed out of our "garden" (again, I can't really call it a garden since it's only ever grown weeds but nonetheless...) and there were itty bitty potatoes stuck on the roots. I was so excited. I officially have a garden.

Today I harvested my awesome potatoes and ate them up. They were small and a couple of them weren't good but over all I am very impressed with my gardening abilities. Ü

4 comments:

Amy said...

Go you!!! :)

Shian said...

That's my kind of gardening, no weeding, no hassle, yummy harvest...

Gordon and Robyn said...

That's my kind of gardening too. The potatos look great.

Deliliah said...

Robyn's comment was realy me. I just didn't realize she was still signed in. Eat some for me.