For quite a while now I've been wanting to cut my hair. Yesterday I finally decided to do it. Shian was fabulous and did it for me so that I didn't have to go to a salon. Robyn was there for moral support and I think Oliver was cheering me on, too. I wish I'd thought of doing it earlier in the week and we would have had Camey stay the night so she could be there too; but I sent her pictures of the process and kept her informed. The best part... I didn't cry. I warned Shian that I might, even though I was very excited to be doing it. I mean, after all, I haven't cut my hair for 18 years. That's right. The last time I did anything more than trim it was when I was 12. That was the final thought that made up my mind for me. 18 years is a ridiculously long time to have the same hairstyle. I guess that technically I still have the same hairstyle since I didn't do any layers or go too short. I just had her cut off the 10-11 inches required for Locks of Love and then make it straight. Surprisingly (at least it surprised me), I still have a lot of hair. But I love it! Love it, love it, love it! I haven't had any regrets (a major fear of mine) and have been flipping my head around constantly just to feel it. I almost feel like I should be in a hair commercial now. Ü I love it!!!
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Locks of Love
For quite a while now I've been wanting to cut my hair. Yesterday I finally decided to do it. Shian was fabulous and did it for me so that I didn't have to go to a salon. Robyn was there for moral support and I think Oliver was cheering me on, too. I wish I'd thought of doing it earlier in the week and we would have had Camey stay the night so she could be there too; but I sent her pictures of the process and kept her informed. The best part... I didn't cry. I warned Shian that I might, even though I was very excited to be doing it. I mean, after all, I haven't cut my hair for 18 years. That's right. The last time I did anything more than trim it was when I was 12. That was the final thought that made up my mind for me. 18 years is a ridiculously long time to have the same hairstyle. I guess that technically I still have the same hairstyle since I didn't do any layers or go too short. I just had her cut off the 10-11 inches required for Locks of Love and then make it straight. Surprisingly (at least it surprised me), I still have a lot of hair. But I love it! Love it, love it, love it! I haven't had any regrets (a major fear of mine) and have been flipping my head around constantly just to feel it. I almost feel like I should be in a hair commercial now. Ü I love it!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I LOVE it!!!!!!! I can't wait to see it in person....
Soooo cute :) You look amazing.
WOW! That is a lot of hair! I love it. You look great. :)
I can't believe you had that much hair! It is DANG cute. :)
Your hair is still long to me, even after you cut off 10 inches! Very cute!
Have you had time to send your hair into Lock of Love? I realy like your hair shorter.
Post a Comment