Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Oliver's Blessing


On Sunday my nephew Oliver was blessed so Chris and I headed up to Logan. It was a great blessing. I think Gordon did a wonderful job. And Ollie was so precious. When Gordon went to hold him up at the end of the blessing he gave a great huge yawn and you could hear the congregation give a collective "aahhh". It was adorable. We went to Mom and Dad's house for dinner afterward and just enjoyed the company of family. The food was great; the company was even better. Gordon's parents came out from Delaware and it was really nice to see and visit with them. Clif and Camey were there and their children are so SO cute. They had their church clothes on and looked so adorable. Spencer absolutely loves my dad. At one point Dad left for a few minutes and Spencer was walking around, carrying the bowl of nuts they had been eating, calling out "Papa" every few seconds. It was so cute! But back to Oliver... Gordon's mom took Robyn to pick out a blessing outfit for him and they found a perfect one. It was so sweet and Ollie did a great job not spitting up on it until after the pictures. Ü It started snowing later in the day and so I got to sleep over. Chris had driven up a little later then me and left a little sooner so he called and told me I "had to" sleep over since the roads were pretty bad. I didn't argue. That meant that I got to hold Ollie for a while and get him dressed the next morning (and cut my hair... but that's a different story). We had such a great night full of laughter. I love my family so much. We all get along so well and it's wonderful to know that we are all sealed together for time and eternity. We love you, Oliver!
Isn't that such a sweet smile?

Robyn, Clif and I being nerds (like normal). I wanted to try on Camey's hat. It is super cute on her.

My mom with our little boy-o

Oliver with his parents and grandparents

Gavin had the cute idea to have the monkey give Ollie a hug. It was so cute. Gavin's an awesome cousin.

Aren't those the cutest feet you've ever seen?

Ollies last handful of my long hair.

Clif, Camey, Spencer and Addelyn

Shian, Tom and Gavin (please ignore the giant snowflake)

Sweet Oliver

2 comments:

Amy said...

OK I am LOVING this hat on you... seriously. :) What fun and what an adorable boy!

Deliliah said...

It was so good to see Chris. We've missed having him around to tease and tease back. Thanks for coming.