Today, we went on a playdate with our nephew Scotland. It was a lot of fun. It's so nice to spend some one on one time with family. I think he had a great time, too (although he might have gotten a little bored with posing for the camera Ü).
We started the date by going to the Living Planet Aquarium. We looked at all the fish, read a few of the informational plaques, did some puzzles and even got to pet some stingrays. Scott was a little bit nervous about that at first. He remembers that it was a stingray that killed the Crocodile Hunter. However, after he watched Chris and I do it for a while then he "dove right in". We all got our sleeves wet and you can see in some of the pictures of Chris just how deep that water was. We also got to touch a sea urchin and a starfish. They felt pretty cool.
For dinner we went to Friday's. We learned that Scott loves fried mozzarella. He got a Cup of Dirt for dessert and it looked really good. At one point when he was eating it, he smiled at me and his teeth looked like they were covered in mud. It made us laugh. Ü
Our plan is to take each of the kids on a playdate and they'll get to pick where we go for the activity (within reason, Em already asked if she can go to Disneyland. Nope.) and where we eat. I think it'll be fun for them and more fun for us. Ü
Here are a few of the many pictures that Scott had to pose for...

6 comments:
So fun! I've been wanting to go to the aquarium. And dirt in a cup? The whole reason I go to fridays! It's so good!
Ahhhh I am so jealous! I wish I got some "special" time with my nieces and nephews. Looks like you had so much fun!
How fun! What a sweet things to do!
How fun! He's lucky to have such a cool aunt and uncle. If you change your mind about Disneyland, let me know and I'll weasel myself into the deal somehow....
That looks like fun! I've wanted to go there for a long time. I tried to persuade Gavin to choose it for his birthday outing, but no such luck. I'm actually thinking of choosing to go there for my birthday. Was it like the aquarium in Minnesota? That's how I imagine it. Your pictures turned out great - very artistic. I can't believe how big Scot is.
How nice of you two to have play dates with your nephews and nieces. They will have great memories of their neat Aunt and Uncle. When I saw the pictures of the aquarium it reminded me of the one we went in Minnesota just before Clif left on his mission. Great Memories. The pussle looks great. Robyn and I put together the puzzle you gave Dad from Italy. It was hard. We refered to the picture on the box alot.
Post a Comment