Monday, January 26, 2009

Color Me Mine


Last week I had a girls day out with my sisters-in-law Lacey and Kathy. It was so much fun. First, we had lunch at Lacey's house (she made a cheese soup that was heavenly) and then we went to Color Me Mine. It's this really fun place where you go pick out a piece of pottery and then paint it however you want, and after they fire it you have a personalized piece of art. There are a ton of things to pick from: plates and cups, serving platter, covers for plugs or light switches, piggy banks and keepsake boxes. They also have a bunch of different colors and things to help paint like stencils or stamps. It was so much fun. We spent about 5 hours there from start to finish. Lacey actually had to leave us early because we were taking so long. In the end, we made some beautiful things. Here are a few pictures.





Lacey picked a gravy/syrup boat. She painted it red with white daisies. Kathy chose to make a birthday plate. It's got a big cupcake with the words "happy birthday" on it. I painted two mugs (for my smoothies Ü). One of them has a Dallas Cowboys theme and the other has music notes and the words "sing like a bird" which is something my Grandpa Frank wrote on a card for me once. I'm totally excited for when we actually get them. Color Me Mine has to fire them for a few days so Lacey will be picking them up and hopefully we'll head down there soon to see them. It was such a fun day and I can't wait to do it again.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Very cool! I can't wait to see pictures of the finished product!

Shian said...

That sounds fun! Where is this place? I've never heard of it before. Make sure to show off your masterpieces.

Deliliah said...

I would like pictures of the finnished products. Sound like fun. I think it is neat that you remembered Grandpa Frank saying that. I'm glad you choose music for your mug.

Deliliah said...

I just sent you the german pancake receipe to your hotmail. I thought I better let you know incase you don't check that email often.

Sue said...

Darin and I did that once for Valentine's day before we were married - it was so much fun! I'm sure you'll enjoy many cups of hot chocolate in your fab new mugs!