
I just wanted to give an update on my "no candy" rule. I'm doing awesome. It has now been 2 months and 3 days and I've only had one exception to my rule. I was being so good and strong until I opened up a treat that some neighbors had given me. Inside were some homemade chocolates. Peanut butter chocolates! So as soon as I opened the bag, the heavenly scent of chocolate peanut butter was wafting towards my nose. I totally blame Lauren and Lindsey. Since I was planning on doing the no candy thing in the new year with my sisters, I decided that I would allow myslef to eat candy until then. That gave me eleven days. I called my mom and she agreed that my decision was totally reasonable. So I gobbled up those chocolates. All three. Chris didn't get any. Ü
However, that was the only candy I had. Even though I had made the decision to gorge myself on all the fudge and toffee I could find I never got around to it. Everytime I thought of having a piece of candy, I realized that I didn't want it as much as I wanted to NOT have it. Does that make sense? So, since October 8th, I've only had three chocolates. I am SOOOOO proud!
The only bitter part about this is that my friend Nicole makes the BEST homemade caramels I've ever had. When she and Abe came for Christmas this year she brought me a bag of them. They have been sitting on my table tempting me all season long. Now, it's got me thinking. It would be rude of me not to eat at least one of her caramels, right? I need to show that I appreciate all the hard work she put into them, right? I mean, I don't want to hurt her feelings or anything, right? What do you think? Should I "force" myself to eat one of Nicole's amazing caramels just so I don't make her sad? Maybe I'll take a survey. I think I will. I hereby promise to abide by the results of that survey, too. Thanks for your help in this big dilemma of mine. And if you want to try a caramel, just stop by. Ü

8 comments:
NO CANDY???!!! hmmm, I don't know bout that. I couldn't do it for sure! I think you should totally indulge. Go for it!:)
And the quilt Shian made you is SOOOO adorable! I think I might have to make one for myself, because I am always complaining that I don't have a nativity scene:)
I love that!!
I think you better have one. You don't want to hurt Nicole's feelings. One little caramel won't hurt..
Wow! How did you make it through all of the holiday celebrations without indulging in candy???
You're a strong woman.
Good job! I quit the no sugar thing after 3 months. Amazing how much crap I've eaten since then....maybe I'll stop by for a carmel? :)
I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!
I am so impressed. We have health challenges at work, and for January and February it's no candy. I'm really not a huge sweet eater, but being told I can't have them, that is totally making me want them.
So I guess I shouldn't make you more chocolates? I should probably do that with you...is it a sin to love food so much?
Did you seriously delete my comment?! I was only kidding...
Post a Comment