Thursday, January 22, 2009

Text Message


On Tuesday, I got a text from Tiffany. I responded with...
"Right now I'm sitting in a cop car. :) Dead serious. Talk to you later."

Unfortunately, she missed the smiley face, so she was worried over a very small thing. Sorry, Tiff.

What happened...
I was pulled over for swerving and the officer thought I might be tired. Nope. I had just finished talking to my mom and was trying to get my charger so I could plug my phone in. The cop was a really nice guy though. I did have to sit in his car with him (not in the cage, luckily) but it was actually the most relaxed I've ever been while being pulled over. He did an inspection on my paperwork (permits, bills of lading, logbook) and let me go (after mentioning that my logbook was the most orderly he'd seen in a long time. Hooray for me!). In the meantime, I learned that he reloads his own bullets (something Chris is learning to do), thinks more people should have their concealed weapons permit (something both of us have) and has an elk bugling as his ringtone (something I just thought was cool). When all was said and done, I got a warning and I was off again. Phew!

Oh, and I did let Tiff know that I wasn't arrested or dying on the side of the road. Ü

8 comments:

Emily Youngdell said...

You make me laugh, Tara. I can totally picture you chit chatting with the cop in his car like it was no big deal. Did you guys exchange numbers before he left? J/k. Cute story.

Amy said...

Don't you love it when cops love you? I sure do. It helps that you're so darn loveable...

Caprene said...

Nice Tara. So were you swerving in the truck then or in your Jeep?

Marianne said...

Ha Ha, of course you are so cute and friendly that the cop would leave as your friend. I've never been pulled over so I'm not sure how I'd react. (Probably cry for no reason or something.)

Tiffany said...

I do want to know where Chris was during all of this. Did he sleep through the whole thing? Im glad "I" had nothing to do with your swerving. Ryan blamed me... :)

Shian said...

Oh no! That would have been scary. You guys sure got talking about some weird stuff. My friend Jill has an elk bugle as her ringtone too. It makes me laugh every time. I'm glad everything is ok.

Claudia Orgill said...

Crazy, yet hilarious, story!

I just don't get why the cop would need to have you sit in his car.

Deliliah said...

Why did the cop have you sit in his Car? Did Chris have to sit in with you? Sorry I talked too much and you had to get out your charger. But I'm glad it was that and not that you had been hitting the egg nog in your new pottery mug.