Monday, July 28, 2008

The Smith's Cabin

This weekend we got to join some friends at the Smiths cabin in Heber. It was a blast. I didn't realize there was such a great area for cabins up there. Chris and I are firm believers in the fact that pine trees and cabins go together. At first the vegetation was scrub brush and bushes but as we went a little higher there were aspen and some pine. It was really beautiful.
We got up there around 2:00 (a little later than everyone else because of work) and stared in awe at the "cabin". It is bigger than our house (several times over) and much nicer, to boot. It's amazing. Much fancier than I was expecting. At first I thought it might be a little too big but I quickly changed my mind. It would be so fun to have a family cabin where everyone has a bed and there is space for the kids to run around while the adults visit. Maybe someday. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . anyway, back to the story.
While we were up there we played pounce/frenzy/friends solitaire (which Sue dominated), went on a hike, played some pool, had a delicious BBQ and ate a ton of junk food. What a great time. We stayed up late and got to sleep in (except for Ariel, who, for some unfathomable reason, got up around 8:00, I think Ü). Then we cleaned up, played a little more pool, and came home. It was such a fun time. Thanks for having us. One of our awesome hosts! Look at that food. Yum!
Chris taking a shot. We love pool although we haven't played it in so long.
I LOVE moose. I don't know why, but they are definitely my favorite animal. This one was right outside our room.
A picture of the cabin. Wow!
At the start of our hike.
Chris and I.
Walking along, singing a song...
Coming down a big hill.
What a handsome husband I have. Ü Chris playing in the stream. It wasn't very big but we sure made it into an obstacle (and probably a spectacle to any strangers watching Ü). How hard can it be?
Junior looking concerned. The key word here is "looking", I have my doubts Ü.
How many people does it take to cross a creek? All of us. Ü

18 comments:

Gina said...

Wasn't that so much fun? I'm so glad you guys came up. However, I think Chris will never let me live down the FB.

Oh, and I'm so glad you posted the new twilight trailer...I hadn't seen it yet. Thanks!

Val said...

So fun! That hike looked awesome!

Camey said...

How fun! Does a couple in your ward actually own this? Wow! Looks so beautiful!

Emily Youngdell said...

Wow! That cabin is gorgeous. I too would love to have a cabin someday. (like that will ever happen..) We can wish, right? Glad you guys had such a great time.

Joanna McGuire said...

Jealous. I wish we could have come up there it looks like you guys had a great time. We just got back from lake powell that day.

Clisty said...

We don't do much, just live I guess, I live in Grace, Idaho (where Lloyd is from), well actually Niter, but it's a Grace address. I am a stay-at-home Mom and I love it! I feel so lucky that we're able to make ends meet so I can stay at home with my girls. Lloyd is good, he's super busy at work. He is a manager at Northstars Ultimate Outdoors in Preston. It's a Polaris/Yamaha dealership. My parent's did tell me that they saw you. I e-mailed Melanie after I heard from you and gave her your blog address so she could see you, she might comment one of these days. Write me next time on my e-mail, it's easier to reply. I am so excited I get to catch up with you too!!
Have you heard where Diane is?? I think about her and wonder how she is especially since the last time I saw her was at your wedding reception, and she wasn't doing that great. Anyway, I'll talk to you later!

ariel said...

I'm glad you guys had fun! I needed a vacation from my vacation when I got home... I'm not used to staying up so late :)

Clisty said...

I guess I need to give you my e-mail. Clistymickelson@hotmail.com
I hope to hear from you this weekend!

Stephenson and Katie said...

How fun! I love all the pictures... THAT's where half the ward was at church on sunday! :) we missed you!

Shian said...

That looks like great fun!

I didn't know you hadn't seen that dress before. I've had it since Easter time.

Sue said...

I love your commentary on all the pictures! It was fun hanging out with you guys.

Jess said...

What a nice little get away :) It looks like quite the party!

dlkenney said...

Now that is a cabin. Looks like a great time.

Linzy said...

So there was a semi where I-15 and I-meet up in North Salt Lake that was carrying like a 250K lb load (I think it was some sort of tank(s)) and the load shifted and it over turned. I think it happened around 3:00ish in the afternoon and just caused a huge trafiic mess. You should check ksl.com or something and read about it. It was nuts! ...We haven't see you guys in forever! Hope all is well!

Malerie said...

It looks like you guys had a fun weekend getaway!!! And Thank you so much for the birthday wish! =)

Tiffany said...

Fun times :) You guys are so photogenic. I love your photo commentaries (sp?). Anyway- hope youre enjoying the book! Im excited to talk to you about it!! Im only on page 200 now... THANK YOU for getting it for me.

Anonymous said...

Why doesn't Chris ever leave a post? When that day finally happens it will be a good day. Thanks again for all your help up @ cabin. We'll have to do it again.

Nicole said...

Tara- you're killing me! I keep checking your blog to see if you've blogged about the book yet. I haven't finished it yet, but I'm dying to know what you think of it! Please blog...