Sunday, July 20, 2008

Goodbye, Robyn and Gordon


Yesterday my litte sister and her husband left us to go to Spokane, Washington. Gordon has been accepted to Gonzaga University where he is going to be a lawyer. We're happy for them and sad for us. It's not the first time they have lived far away: they met in Delaware where Gordon is from and Robyn was a nanny, and they lived in Tulsa, Oklahoma for a summer job. This does give us hope that they will return to Utah after his schooling is done (you better, sister!).


They loaded everything up in my mom and dad's truck and trailer last week and I was able to go up and help them clean their old apartment. Mom, Dad, and also Shian, Tom and Gavin are driving up with them for the weekend so it is a family affair that we are sad we (and Clif and Camey) missed out on :( We do plan on visiting them during the years they are up there, and we'll see them every 3 months or so (if all goes according to plan) so I suppose it's better than if they'd gone out east. Ü We love you guys. Have a great time and study hard.

2 comments:

Camey said...

I was going to do the same thing all well, but since I have been down I haven't been able to. What you wrote made me sad! I am having a hard time with it, I am not good at letting people I am close to go. You are such a sweetie!

P.S. Will you get to see them every 3 months because of your routes?

Shian said...

Leaving them in Spokane was such a hard thing to do! At least Gavin didn't pull out the waterworks. I couldn't have handled that. He cried a little, but not bad at all.