Saturday, June 28, 2008

My Love/Hate Relationship With Reality TV

I just finished watching a (ridiculously cheesy) reality show called Farmer Wants a Wife with Tiffany. All I have to say about it is... Grrr! Why, oh why, do they always pick the WRONG one at the end of reality shows? I liked Christa the best (she was my favorite from the beginning) and thought she had so much chemistry with Matt. She was sassy and witty and actually had personality. Matt should have chosen her.
Instead, he picked Brooke. Yuck. She seemed immature, annoying and lacking of any real charm. Blah!

And while I'm on the subject of reality TV let me say that I love Survivor, although I think they always pick the wrong person to win, too. However, this last season had the best part of an ending I've ever seen. I have to explain (in a nutshell) about the clip I've posted. Ozzy had an alliance early on with Parvati (who he was friends with from a previous season of Survivor), Amanda and James. Ozzy and Amanda seemed to have a strong relationship that was more than just "allies". But Parvati back stabbed Ozzy and he was voted off (I was sad because I think he's the best survivor EVER!) So this is the finale of the show, where Ozzy finally gets to talk to Amanda again (and Parvati). It's a little long (2 minutes or so) but the best part is when he is talking to Amanda around the one minute mark. SO SWEET!
I just love it because he seems so sincere in what he's saying. Maybe it's just because I liked him and Amanda before this point but it is so cute and romantic to me. And at the reunion show they were asked about it and they are still together. Hooray for LOVE!

2 comments:

Shian said...

You make me laugh!

Emily Youngdell said...

I seriously love Reality TV. It is always entertaining. Honestly Jake and I wanted to watch that Farmer Wants a Wife show but we never figured out when it was on. Sounds like I missed out on some great quality entertainment. Ü