Today (well, I guess it was technically yesterday) I went to Barnes and Noble where I picked up a copy of the special edition of Eclipse. I found a comfy chair (ok, it was not comfortable but who cares? Ü) and read the first chapter of Breaking Dawn. It was great. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was great!
On the way home I stopped to get gas and... locked myself out of the car. NOT so great! I guess when I was opening the door my elbow hit the lock and pushed it down. Unfortunately, my keys weren't the only thing locked in there. So was my cell phone. Grrr! And the door wasn't even shut tight. If I had truly been shutting my door I would have hit it with my hip to shut it tight. It was so frustrating. So I borrowed some nice man's cell phone and called Chris. Too bad for me, Chris was outside mowing the grass and weed wacking as well as using a saw to cut stone pavers for our patio. Too bad for me, both of his phones (one for personal and one for business) were inside. Too bad for me, I don't know any one's phone number these days. With one touch dialing who needs to remember anything so trivial as a number to call in case of emergency? Ü I do know my parents number but they're so far away, they couldn't help. So, I went inside and borrowed the phone and called Chris. I filled up the tank and called Chris. I washed the windows and called Chris. I bought myself a Snickers ice cream bar (I did have my debit card on me but no spare change and by this time I deserved it Ü) and called Chris. I wasn't very far away but by the time he got the messages (that is a very plural "messages") it was smack dab in the middle of rush hour. I'm talking 5:30 pm. So, too bad for me, what should have taken him 5 minutes to drive became 15. Grrr! In the end I wasted about an hour of my day at that Chevron. I was pretty irritated with my elbow. It was not so great... but Chris did come and save me. I always knew he was a hero.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Hi Tara! This is Abbey. Thank you so much for the invite. It sounds like SO much fun. I will try my hardest to be there. It would be so fun to see you guys! Oh and I just love your blog! SO cute.
How annoying! I am so sorry. I would be so irritated. I love the way you tell it though...you always make me laugh!
That stinks! I locked my keys in the car at the Wellcome Mart on a Sunday with Gavin in the car when he was about one. I tried explaining to him how to undo his car seat and unlock the door, but he was just too little. I guess it could have turned into a bad thing to have him know how to get out of his car seat. Fortunately, the lady in the gas station called the cops who opened it for me without charge. I was grateful for that.
At least the car wasn't running. That's a plus :l
That's funny! I mean... frustrating :) Well I'm glad you could at least enjoy a nice ice cream bar! Hey, thanks for the invite to games the other night! I wish I hadn't had my phone on silent! But I was over at my parents house most of the night. One of these times I WILL come, I swear! Oh and I never got that money to you guys... who can I write a check to?
OH Tara that story made me laugh so hard. I think my favorite part is the snickers ice cream... How was the first chapter?! Hope you're having a good week on the road- you're great even if you are a crappy angel :) HAHA!
Im glad you blogged this story. It's not one you'll want to forget ;) Sorry it was such a crazy MONDAY! Thanks for watching Farmers with us though :) DRIVE SAFE!!!
I love it, thats totally something I would do! I feel like we're complete strangers these days! Oh, the craziness of our lives huh?!
Can I just tell you that this story has totally made my day! That was hilarious! I know it was frustrating at the time but so funny! I loved it! I think my favorite part was calling Chris every 2 minutes! HA! I've done the exact same thing (not calling Chris of course though)ha ha!!!!
Oh how I wish I could have helped, that is SO frustrating!!! Good thing your knight in shinning armour came to save the day, better late than never!!!
All I can say is it's a good thing you had a Snickers bar. That could have been a very ugly situation. Ü Don't you hate when stuff like that happens?
That is soooo funny! :o) I mean, I'm sorry it happened to you, but, oh, I could just picture it all happening. Thanks for making my day! Love ya!
Post a Comment