Thursday, January 12, 2012

Christmas 2011


We had a wonderful Christmas season this year. It was so nice to be home for the entire month of December. I managed to get almost all of my shopping done by the first of the month which was a first for me. We also got to have a live tree for more than a week.

On Christmas Eve eve (the 23rd) we had Arnie, Kathy and the kids over for a dinner of appetizers and treats. Then the kids played Thomas the train with Chris (something they wanted to do even before opening presents) while the adults played Iron Dragon (a fabulous game that you should totally play sometime). Then we opened presents and watched some Christmas movies and ate more bad-for-our-bodies food. It was great fun.







On Christmas day we woke up and had a Christmas moment with Ruby Dew. Chris wanted dog antlers for her like crazy so I found some and surprised him. Ruby certainly didn't like them but she put up with them for love of Chris. We opened our presents and I got spoiled. One of the items Chris gave me was a statue of the Christus. I took it out of the box and set it on the coffe table for pictures (see below). Then I thought I would take a picture of Chris's gifts. I must have bumped the table of something because all of my presents tipped forward like dominoes and my poor Christus hit the coffee table. It broke one hand off comepletely and broke the other hand in six or so pieces. I quickly grabbed it to me and immediately burst into tears. So first, Chris had to fix me and then he had to fix my gift. Amazingly, we were able to find all of the pieces except for the tip of the pointer finger. Chris glued everything back together and it looks pretty good. I just couldn't believe I broke my present so soon after I got it. It was a very tough morning for me.





Mid morning we headed up to Wellsville. Our entire family was there which hasn't happened for quite some time. I love when we're all together even though it is a bit chaotic. We had a delicious dinner and opened presents and just sat around visiting. It was very relaxed and peaceful.





One of my goals this Christmas was to have my shopping done beforehand so that I could really focus on the true purpose of Christmas this year. I didn't do that as much as I hoped but it was better than last year. Hopefully, this next year will be even better yet. I'm so grateful for the season we have to celebrate and focus on the birth of our Savior. I'm truly so blessed.

3 comments:

Gordon and Robyn said...

that train set looks fun!

It really was awesome having everyone together,huh.

Shian said...

I see Christ got Michael Oher's book. I thought it was so inspiring!

Nara said...

So miss being with you guys for Christmas! Hopefully we will get to see you guys next year for the holidays. xoxo