For Valentines this year, Chris and I planned a dinner for some friends. In the beginning, we were only going to invite 3-4 couples over to our house but in the end we had 18 couples over to the church. It was a great night. Everyone helped with food and cleaning up which (for which I am extremely grateful). We had salads, baked potatoes, rolls, chicken and pork tenderloin. Plus, some fabulous desserts. We played a few games (my favorite involved tearing a piece of construction paper into the shape of a heart with an arrow through it... behind your back Ü) and visited and in the end our husbands brought us all flowers. It was so sweet. Earlier in the day we had gone over to Tiff and Ryan's where they and Gina helped us put the flowers into the vases. That was quite an experience. It was a great success and I'm thinking we might want to do it again sometime. I didn't get many pictures but I stole some off of other's blogs.
Chris also surprised me with a poem/toast he had written for me. In order to fully appreciate it you probably have to be in our ward but just know that it references a bunch of our friends. Ü
To My Wife Tara
How could I ever go through life
Without having Tara as my wife
I'd miss her like a bird would miss its song,
I'd miss her like Stephenson Darling misses his fish Hong.
I'd miss her like a piano would miss a chord,
I'd miss her like the Georges miss being in our ward.
Yes, being married to Tara is as good as it gets,
I feel I have more blessings then the Sorensons have pets.
I'm shocked and I'm stunned it's me she picked;
About as shocked as I was when they put Cody in the Bishopric.
I love her more than the paparazzi love Jay Lo,
I love her more than the Smith brothers love Halo.
We're a perfect match, like a fish and the sea,
Like a hot dog and bun, like Woodside and bankruptcy.
If I lost her I'd be left alone to wander
And this is all I could think of to rhyme with Nuenswander.
So let me end my little rhyme,
And muster all the seriousness I can find,
To thank the Lord for being so kind,
To give me Tara, my wife, my Valentine.

I love you, Topher. Happy Heart Day!

3 comments:
I never even saw that you posted this. You always host such great parties! You should be like hostess of the year or something. You have a way of making everyone feel included too. I love that about you!
Oh and I LOVE the poem!
:) I'm so sad we missed this one - and I HOPE you do it again. You two sure know how to throw a party!
Post a Comment