Sunday, February 8, 2009

Gavin's Baptism



On February 7th my nephew Gavin was baptized and confirmed. It was such a wonderful experience. He has been waiting for this day for so long. I've never seen someone so excited to be baptized. The program was really nice. Shian and Tom spoke as well as the bishop. His grandpa's said the prayers, and I sang "I Heard Him Come" while his aunt Kristen played the violin along with a sister from his ward who played the piano. We hadn't had time to practice so it was a little crazy. At the key change I had to have them start over because I totally didn't see it. Ü It was okay though. I'm told that Gavin took a bunch of pictures of us while we were up there so I think that means he liked it and that's all that matters.
Afterwards, we went to my parents for lunch. Shian had made three soups that were absolutely delicious (I might make one of them for dinner tonight). One was Zuppa Toscana from the Olive Garden, one was a Mexican chicken chili, and the last was like a chicken noodle soup but with tortellini in it. I had helpings of all three. They were so good. I had to leave pretty early because it was our ward party and I had to get home to help with that but I was so glad I got to go be a part of Gav's special day. I love him so much and I'm so proud of his decision to become a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.






2 comments:

Amy said...

Isn't it great to see little people take such big steps? I LOVE that! :)

Deliliah said...

Your song was beautiful inspite of the restart. Thanks for singing it.