Monday, February 9, 2009

Em's Playdate


Today Chris and I took our niece Emilyn on a playdate. It was a bunch of fun. We gave her a few options on where she could go (I really thought she'd want to go to Color Me Mine) but she chose to go to the Living Planet Aquarium like her brother Scott did. I think she really liked it. She touched the tail of a stingray, a starfish and an urchin. We did all the puzzles and watched the sharks for quite a while. Afterward, we went to Fridays (also like her brother) and had dinner. It was really delicious and fun.










The best part was that she somehow convinced her mom that she was too sick to go to school but feeling good enough to go play with us. Ü I'm so glad she did!

8 comments:

Amy said...

What fun! Someday I'm gonna convince Josh I'm too sick for work, but NOT too sick for aquariums.....something makes me think he won't buy it....

Sue said...

You guys have got to be the best aunt and uncle ever! I would have loved doing something like that when I was little and I am sure you made her day. :)

Stephenson and Katie said...

Um can I be your niece? I want to go on a play date! You guys are the cutest aunt and uncle....

Emily Youngdell said...

Cute! I would love to have a cool Aunt and Uncle like you.
By the way, Happy B-lated Birthday!!! I thought of you on the 28th and was hoping that you had a great 30th birthday! Do anything fun?

Deliliah said...

I would have picked the living planet aquarium also. It looks like so much fun. Can I be your niece instead of your mom? Just for a day? Pretty please?

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! :)

Shian said...

I love her huge cheesy smile! She looks like she was loving her special day.

The Goffs said...

You remind me of Nate and Linds. Nothing makes a parent happier than when their chidren are surrounded by people that love them and make them happy. I can just imagine how much fun she had.