Sunday, March 8, 2009

Our Birthday Dinner


We had a wonderful birthday dinner up at my parents house this year. Shian chose to have lasagna for the main course. I wanted deviled eggs and hiccup (macaroni) salad for my choices. They didn't necessarily go together but Oh My! was it good food. On the drive up I found out that I had forgotten to tell Chris that it was also his birthday dinner so he was a little sad he didn't get to have any say int the food items. Sorry, babe, next year....
We had a great time visiting with family. Clif and Camey were there with Spencer and Addy (they had said they wouldn't make it so it was a wonderful surprise) and so was Grandma Lee. It was nice to visit with her. I took Toppy (a stuffed dog that used to belong to my Dad before I stole him away) and she taught me how to mend him. I'm excited and scared to try.
For Chris' birthday, I got him some Dallas Cowboy mugs (that he knew about) and I have something else for him on his actual birthday. My parents got him the book "Out of Captivity" which he is really enjoying.
I was spoiled. My parents got me some new cookie sheets. Happy day! They are shiny and beautiful and sturdy. I'm so excited for them. Chris got me the movies "Yentl" and "Camelot". I have been wanting these for years. I just love musicals. He was also completely creative and got me a puzzle. He took a bunch of pictures of us throughout our life together and made a collage of them and had that put on a puzzle with the words "The first 30 years brought us together. I can't wait to see what the next 30 bring!" It was so amazing and sweet. What a great birthday.





4 comments:

Tiffany said...

That puzzle really is such an awesome gift. So thoughtful. :) So seriously it has been how many weeks and I still haven't given you your gift ... oh well ;) You know what it is!!!

Emily Youngdell said...

Chris is so sweet! That puzzle idea is really awesome. Looks like you had a great time. I am jealous of your cookie sheets.. :)

Amy said...

I love that puzzle, SO DANG COOL!

Sue said...

What a fun b-day! Great job Chris with the puzzle - I love that idea!