Sunday, November 23, 2008

My review of




On Saturday I went with my mom and sister Shian to see Twilight. We all met at Tinseltown in Layton. Our movie was at 7:00 and at about 5:30 I couldn't wait any longer and left my house. I was literally bouncing in my seat while I drove and giving little shouts of joy "I'm going to see Twilight!!!" I got there around 6:00 and there were already 18 people in front of me in line. So I visited with the girls standing near me while I waited for Mom and Shian. I'm pretty sure they thought I was a psycho.



Now if you haven't seen the movie yet, you should probably stop reading. I don't want to be a spoiler. Ü After the movie we went to Olive Garden where we ate a light dinner and had dessert. I haven't tried their Gelato before. It was really delicious. And HUGE! We ended up sharing it and my sister took her Black Tie Mousse Cake home.


After that we parted ways and I called my sis-in-law 'Nara to tell her what I thought about it while I drove home. My opinion is...

Honestly, I was a little disappointed. :( I'm not sure if it was the hype, every one telling me I was going to LOVE it, or what but I thought it was a little bit cheesy. I mean, I knew it would be cheesy because the books are a bit cheesy already but there were some moments where I would look over at Shian or Mom and we would make a little face at each other. Hmmm... For the most part, I thought all the actors did okay. I thought a few of them did great (Charlie, Jacob {he is going to be great in New Moon, I think}, even Jessica) but the Edward just didn't work for me. I was hoping that once I saw his personality in the movie he would fit the part a little better, but alas, he did not. Although I really liked the part where he and Bella were walking into the school together for the first time and he had his sunglasses on. That was a great scene. I also liked the scene at the prom. But many of the others were just mediocre. So disappointing. And Jasper. Oh Jasper, Jasper, Jasper. What was that face he was making? I believe that he was trying to show us that he was tense and worried about attacking Bella when they were introduced but he looked really ridiculous. (Shian, I was going to type your quote hear, in fact I did type it, but I just can't publish it. Ü Although I told Dad and he laughed and laughed.)I must say that James was my favorite. I thought he did great. Too bad he can't be in New Moon.

All in all, I did enjoy it. Enough that I'm going to see it again on Friday with 'Nara and possibly Chris. Hopefully now that I know what to expect I'll be able to enjoy it more. Ü And I still LOVE Twilight!!!
What did you think of the movie?

9 comments:

Shian said...

I don't know why you didn't want to post the diarrhea theory. I tell you that was his problem. I'm going to post it on mine.

Stephenson and Katie said...

Loved the post! First of all- cute pics! I love your shirt and your family is so dang cute! I wish you would have liked the movie more- maybe next time?! Let me know if you go to a late one cause I am SO there!! Oh and I'm with ya on Jasper's wierdness... and Alice is so cute she needs to be with someone cuter

Rachel said...

It's ok that you were excited. The movie brought that out in quite a lot of people (me included) only to be kind of dissapointed. Maybe New Moon will be better.

Camey said...

You already know I loved it. I actually totally think Edward grew on me. I agree about Jasper though. Alice was one of my favorites. I am not sure about James because he wans't shown much. I had a lot of friends say it was cheesy, but I still LOVED IT....and I do LOVE LOVE Edward! I actually liked Jacob the least!

Emily Youngdell said...

I just went last night and I totally agree with you on the cheesiness of it. I still really enjoyed it though. I have to agree with Jasper. What the heck?! Everyone in the theater died laughing everytime he came on. He looked posessed..
One more thing, in my mind Charlie was not that handsome. He was much cuter and likeable in the movie to me.

Caprene said...

Oh, I loved Jasper's expression. That was the ultimate discomfort look. Like Edward when they were in class and he couldn't handle Belle's smell. I do hope you enjoy it more the second time.
We'll have to discuss again in RS on sunday.

Marianne said...

Ha Ha, I love your sister's description of Jasper- I was of the opposite persuasion that he had a constipation problem! Watching it the second time didn't really change my opinion. There are HUGE things that are lacking- for me the depth of E&B's love isn't really shown, and that is the main problem I have. But I still loved it. Taylor Lautner as Jacob is my favorite part of the whole movie. Does it make me a gross old pedophile woman if I think he's totally hot???

ariel said...

Edward worked for me. Bella did NOT. She just seemed angry. And she always had a look on her face like she was smelling something bad. But I didn't have high expectations for the movie, so I wasn't really disappointed :)

Deliliah said...

I sure had fun that night. thanks for inviting me. Everybodies comments have been fun to read.