" But to what end were we created? We were created with the express purpose and potential of experiencing a fulness of joy. Our birthright—and the purpose of our great voyage on this earth—is to seek and experience eternal happiness. One of the ways we find this is by creating things.
You may think you don’t have talents, but that is a false assumption, for we all have talents and gifts, every one of us. The bounds of creativity extend far beyond the limits of a canvas or a sheet of paper and do not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano. Creation means bringing into existence something that did not exist before—colorful gardens, harmonious homes, family memories, flowing laughter."
President Uchtdorf said this in his talk in the Relief Society General meeting. (Thanks Em, for letting me copy it, unbeknownst to you Ü) I love it.
Monday, October 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I am so glad that you copied it! It was such a great talk.
November 15th sounds good! I'm excited. Hey, Daphne is having a Girl's Night at her house on the 17th. Are you coming?
Marcie's email address is krikenson@yahoo.com. She hasn't even invited me to see her blog yet! She is in trouble.:)
Tara, I need your e-mail.
That was the best talk - one of the most powerful I've ever heard. He is an excellent speaker. His talk in conference was really good too. I hear his talk during priesthood session was great also. I'm so thankful for modern day prophets! They provide so much comfort.
I loved his talk. I am always so impressed with him.
He always seems to know the exact thing I need to hear. He's such an awesome man!
This is such a wonderful quote and I loved the whole talk. I also loved the post about how to be a good wife...right :)
Post a Comment