
Earlier this week, I did something I've never done before. I emailed my local representative, my senators and the senate council to let them know I thought the bail-out plan was a horrible idea! I'm pretty proud of myself. Dave Ramsey talked with an economist the other day that suggested a different (and much less expensive) solution. I listened to it and studied up on it and I liked it. It sounded a whole lot better than adding $700 billion to the national debt. So, I got online and sent out a letter to each of them. I must have a lot more influence than I thought, because... the bailout didn't pass. Ü I'm very proud of our representatives in the house Rep. Bishop(R) and Rep. Matheson(D) who voted against this bill. I must say that I feel like such a grown up. I'm involved in politics. Woohoo! Look at me go. I think it's so important to take advantage of our freedom to vote and I urge you all to start reading and listening to the news and get involved! That's all. I'll step down from my soapbox now. Ü
If you want to read what Dave Ramsey had to say, here's a link. Enjoy. Ü

8 comments:
Good for you Tara, I'm proud. Love your other entry on how to be a good wife!! Makes me want to throw-up in my mouth a little. All those dates sound good to me. However we really never know until the minute before with Kirk, but you can count on me:) Let me know what to bring.
That sounds a bit familiar... I'm glad you wrote too.
Ahhh tara the big girl :) Good job!!
Tara, i'm glad you are getting involved. I'm also against the bailout but i'm also for it because something needs to happen. We have already seen WAMU and Wachovia fail. There are only so many big banks that can buy them. More banks will fail. It's kind of scary. I believe our represenatives are on the same boat. They are for it...but they don't want to be the ones voting for it. They want somebody else to vote it through. This can all be blamed on GREED.
Way to go Tara. I knew as soon as I saw the picture of money SOMEWHERE Dave Ramsey would be mentioned :) We love you guys
I am so far behind! I read this on Shian's blog and I have no idea what the bailout bill even is. You will have to tell me. Is it the one that pays of all the mortgages? Clif was telling me how someone was saying that they would pay out less by giving everyone 600,000. I am like yeah then we could all pay off our homes and things would be a lot better because more people would have money to spend to help the economy. I like that plan myself!
Good for you, Tara! We're big Dave Ramsey fans at our house too. Still working on the 'gazelle-like' intensity...sigh.
I just read your comment on my blog. The senate didn't vote on the bailout. I believe the reason is that the senate committee just decided to pass it, not exactly sure though (I also emailed them). Anyway, it passed the senate and went straight to the House.
Post a Comment