Sunday, September 14, 2008

Snapshots of Summer

On August 3rd, our darling niece Addelyn was blessed.
It was a little bit bright outside. Ü


We had friends from Texas stay with us from July 30th until August 19th. Rob, Shauna and their adorable daughters, Ginny, Audrey and Lily. We were a little concerned about how they would do during the week while we were gone but those girls are so well behaved, I could totally handle having kids like that. Ü

We also had Chris's Mom, Dad and Grandma come visit us the weekend of the 3rd. They drove up from Vegas in their new RV. It was really nice. So we had Arnie and Kathy bring their kids and had a big dinner and banana splits afterwards. Yum!

On the 17th, Abe and Nicole and their boys came to visit from California. We love when they come back to us. Ü The kids enjoyed the hot tub,
the men enjoyed playing a really cheesey Xbox game (it was called Feeding Frenzy and I'm pretty sure it was made for 5 year olds),

and the adults (yes, husbands included Ü) enjoyed playing Settlers of Catan.
For Labor Day, we went camping with my side of the family to Blacksmith Fork Canyon in Cache Valley. It was a blast. We had all my mom's side of the family come and I sure love them all. In the end, it started raining too much so we had to go to my parents house to finish the weekend. What fun. My dad and uncle Tony told us old college stories that had us laughing so hard. It was awesome. I wish we had recorded it for posterity. Maybe next time Ü.

All in all, we have had a fun-filled, fabulous summer.

14 comments:

Camey said...

So adorable. He he.
Our time is at 1:30..same time as the blessing was. Don't feel like you need to come or anything. It is always great to see you. We need to get together one of these weekends! Also, congrats are you new callings..does that mean you have 2 now or you got released from your other callings?

Camey said...

Oh, yeah I forgot about the split. Did it affect a lot of your close friends? Kind of like what happened to us. Did you get the same time? I love that picture you have of Spencer. We actually have names that need to be done with another couple. Let me see if we can find someone to watch the kids for a few hours. I wish we had someone up there that could do it because then we could just go to your house afterward. Anyhow, I will let you know. Also, Nicole looks so skinny and cute! So jealous!

Joanna McGuire said...

That is a lot of stuff that you did in the last couple of months. What fun pictures!!! I haven't seen you in forever it seems like, I will see you today though wahoo.

Val said...

Busy summer! Looks like lots of fun though!

Gordon and Robyn said...

I didn't realize you guys had some many guests. Holy "crow"

Sue said...

What a busy and fun month! I love the game Settlers and my family really gets into in when we play.

We only went to Kirsten's play once but I just got around to posting pictures (and I like to change the posting date to when it actually happened rather than when I posted it...it confuses my family a lot when I do that).

I'm sad I won't be a greeter with you anymore. That was the best calling ever!

Shian said...

What an exciting video game! Did they rent it or something?

Nicole said...

You've had a BUSY summer! I'm glad you could 'fit' us in! It was great fun! Survivor starts on Thursday and I'm going to watch it this season just so you know (and you know who to call to chat about it!) Have a great week!

MARCIE said...

Cute pictures. Sorry I haven't gotten back to you. That sounds fun on the 12th? Things have been crazy around here and Kirk's mom is in the hospital, we squished in a tiny vacation to Yellowstone and things just seem like they aren't slowing down, so I hope you will forgive me for taking so long to respond.:(

Emily Youngdell said...

I'm so sad to report that Jake is working on the 12th. He works a lot of Sundays... I'm sorry!

Stephenson and Katie said...

Tara, I want you to do the quirk tag. I tag you. Go. I think chris should do one too :) P.S. are you guys still taking bribes?! (HINT HINT!)

Michelle said...

You guys have had a fun-filled summer! I am not suprised so many people came to stay with you either...you are fantastic hosts and so generous with your lovely home:)

Clisty said...

Your summer was way busy but sounds fun! I love your house!! It is super cute!

Kristen said...

We love Settlers! We'd love to get together and play sometime (since we live in the neighborhood and all...). It's been forever since we have. See you Sunday!