Monday, April 21, 2008

Winter To Spring

What a difference 2000 miles can make. This past week Chris and I left Idaho in a sudden winter storm. It was snowing and the wind was blowing. It was a freezing 26 degrees. Brrrrr!
When we got to North Carolina it was beautiful. The sun was shining and there was just the hint of a light breeze. It was a perfect 82 degrees. I think the reason winter is more bearable for me this year is because I get to enjoy spring every Thursday. It seems to make a huge difference.
I thought we would share a few pictures of the trip. Tell me where you would rather be :)

The first ones are in Idaho and Wyoming. During Christmas time I think this is really beautiful. Now that it's April... not so appealing.



The rest of these are in N.C. I casually walked through strangers yards to get some of these pictures. I hope they don't mind :)
My favorite are these last two. Aren't they pretty? They appear a bright purple in real life. The camera (and my sunglasses) make them a little more pink. Nonetheless, I think they're gorgeous.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are beautiful. I wish that spring were in full bloom here. I never realized how much of the country side you two get to see each week. It is quite amazing.

Emily Youngdell said...

Those pictures are gorgeous Tara! I am like you, I love the snow and cold weather when it is winter, but after March I'm done with it.

Val said...

Oh boy! Much rather be in N.C. What pretty flowers and trees! That's so fun you get to experience the different seasons so close together!

jamirodana said...

My answer to your question is always going to be California! Oh wait, did I have to choose between Idaho or N.C.? I still say California:) I'm addicted!
That's neat that you two get to travel across the states every week. I haven't been further east than Missouri.

ariel said...

yup. i would much much rather be in north carolina! very pretty pictures.

Nicole said...

Great photos, Tara. You are really becoming quite the photographer. Keep it up! Miss ya!

Paul*Cat*Hallie*Ty said...

Hey Chris it's Paul. I was wondering, when you go to N.C. do you prefer Bojangles or Church's Chicken? Also, how do I get you to bring me back a chocolate strawberry shake from Steak and Shake?

ariel said...

well... our next {and final}concert is on MOTHERS DAY. i would like to know who had that brilliant idea. but it's a sunday :) don't worry, i don't expect ANYONE to come to that one!

please note: i didn't use the C word anywhere in this comment :)

Kira said...

I lived in San Diego until I was 25 I think what I like the best is the contrast. When I can't take one more day of cold.... the tulips start blooming. When the wind and rain gets old.... it gets so warm for me. When the sun gets too hot... the leaves start turning. Then I am excited for snow. Thanks for showing me 6 mos of contrast today!