Monday, April 19, 2010

'Nara and Charlie (Sittin' in a Tree)


K-I-S-S-I-N-G! First comes love, then comes marriage... in the San Diego temple and luckily Chris and I were able to go be a part of their special day.


They had a wedding luncheon on Friday at Marie Callenders that was delicious.
When we first sat down we realized that all Charlies family were at one table and all our family at another. So Chris and I helped mix it up and we all got to know each other better. We really like all of Charlie's family and we're so happy that 'Nara is going to have such great in-laws.

'Nara and Charlie at the luncheon.

After lunch everyone helped get ready for Saturday (mainly the girls did flowers... while the guys set up tables and chairs).

I did spend a little time sticking my feet in the pool with the kids. The Birds had the most amazing view from their backyard.

The wedding was at 11:00 on Saturday. It was a little late getting started but totally worth the wait. Of course it brought tears to my eyes as soon as they entered the Sealing Room. And to watch Charlie staring at her was so touching. He looked just mesmerized by her. And he got a little emotional when he said yes. Ü It was amazing.

This is just after they came out of the temple. Look at that smile on 'Nara!


The kids playing while we waited for them to come out of the temple

After the wedding, sitting with Dad, Mom-Linda and Grandma.

Chris and I got to help the photographer after everyone else left. I think Chris felt really cool.

At one point they were taking pictures of 'Nara and Charlie in the reflection of Chris's glasses. Chris stood there so still and unsmiling (it took a bit of time to get the angles right and stuff) that the photographer said he looked like a CIA agent. So Chris had a fun moment with that thought.


The reception was at a neighbors house near Charlies parents and it was gorgeous. The neighbor has such a beautiful backyard and he told Chris that he wants it to be "something new around every corner". It was! There were different terraces, all sorts of garden areas, water fountains, a little creek (with real frogs singing which I absolutely loved), benches in little nooks and everywhere flowers. Just gorgeous. But not as beautiful as the bride. 'Nara was glowing with happiness and so was Charlie.

The reception tables with the centerpieces we made.(My sister-in-law Kathy was the one in charge of the flowers. Seriously, she is so talented!)

These were some awesome flowers that looked like grapes.

Mr. and Mrs. Birds first dance (with the cake. Isn't it pretty?).

The beautiful bride and her brothers. Isn't that one on the far left so handsome? Ü

It was such a beautiful experience. I am so unbelievably happy for them. Charlie and 'Nara, we love you. Congratulations!

5 comments:

MARCIE said...

How fun for you. It was great to read through your blog to see what you have been up to. Miss ya.

Nicole said...

Yay for Lanara! What a beautiful wedding!

Gordon and Robyn said...

She looks beautiful! I love her dress. And Chris looks like he is losing weight.

'Nara said...

Ahhh you are so sweet Tara! We love you and Chris so MUCH and are so happy that you were able to share our special day with us! xoxo 'Nara

Gordon and Robyn said...

This is Mom not Robyn. Lanara looks so beautiful. I'm so happy for her. The cake was fancy, and the yard was amazing. Kathy did a great job on the flowers as always.
Chris did look like the CIA. did the anouncement say the reception was June 25th? Is it in Texas?