Monday, April 5, 2010

Conference 2010




For the first time ever, Chris and I got to go the Sunday afternoon session of conference in the conference center today. It was such an amazing experience. I love to hear the words of our Church leaders knowing that they are inspired from our Heavenly Father. I love to hear the counsel our Prophet gives us and to feel of his love. I took notes this time (also for the first time in my life) and I was very happy to find that I felt more engaged during the talks. My mind didn't wander like it is sometimes wont to do (yes, I said wont). I don't know whether that was because of the notes or the setting but I was happy nonetheless. I really enjoyed the talk given by Neil L. Anderson. His testimony at the end was so powerful! One of my favorite parts was when President Monson came into the room. Immediately the entire congregation got quiet. It was such a show of love, respect and reverence that it brought tears to my eyes. I am so grateful that I got to spend my Easter Sunday communing with the Lord and his servants. I hope I get to go again sometime soon and that I can continue to feel of His love. Happy Easter!


These are some of the thoughts I had and some of the quotes that particularly stood out to me.



P.S. I also loved when the Prophet pretended to sit down but didn't. We were all standing while he was walking in and waiting for him to sit down before we did. He faked it and then was teasing some people in the very front about sitting down before him. It was so fun to see him so happy and lovable.