Monday, April 5, 2010
Embarrassing!
This post is for Emy because I know she loves to hear embarrassing moments of others. Please ignore my blushing throughout...
On Thursday I was in North Carolina and had stopped at a truck stop to fuel and go to the bathroom. As I was walking to the bathroom I was behind this big guy who had a massive tattoo on his calf. I was contemplating who would put such an ugly tattoo on himself when the guy passed the boys bathroom. I thought he was confused because in some Petros (the name of this particular truck stop) the girls and guys rooms are in the opposite palce. I didn't want him to feel stupid when he started walking into the wrong bathroom so I said "oh, the guys bathroom is right there". Much to my horror SHE turned around and said "I'm not a guy!" I was so embarrassed. Of course I apologized but then I still had to go into the bathroom since that was the reason I had come in. I admit that I hid in the stall until she was gone. I felt so bad but in my defense I truly couldn't tell it was a female. Even after she turned and looked at me! I wouldn't have know unless I stared at her. I still feel bad about that one.
A week before our trip to Cozumel we had a meeting with our friends to discuss food chioces and what activities we might want to do while there. After we had finished up the "serious matters" we were just talking about random things. We were laughing like crazy (we always do with them) and Malachi said something that basically threw his wife Lauren under the bus. It was so funny I peed my pants. Literally. I (obviously) knew it immediately and ran to the bathroom hoping that it was just a teeny bit and I could get away with it since we were finishing up, but no. It was a huge wet spot. So, after becoming the color of a cherry tomato, I went back out and told everybody that we needed to leave because I'd just wet my pants. At first they didn't believe me so I delicately (can such a thing be done delicately) turned and showed my hiney. Well, of course they all laughed and Antz fell off his chair. I'm kind of surprised he didn't pee his pants laughing at me. Of course I was mortified but surprisingly not as much as I should have been. I think Chris was more embarrassed than I was. Needless to say, we left right then and went home... with me sitting on a pad of paper so I wouldn't make a mess of the jeep. Ü After that experience I debated taking some Depends with me on the trip but I didn't. And much to my relief, I didn't need them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I laughed so hard, Tara. Thank you for sharing. :)
Oh Tara my dear dear friend. I will love you forever for sharing this story. :)
I thought that only happened to old ladies who had had lots of children.
Oh my gosh! I haven't heard the masculine looking woman story yet. Gavin and I are about to wet our pants reading that one. I can't wait for Tom to get home so I can tell him. I would have died!
Post a Comment