Monday, November 11, 2013

Sawyers Blessing






On Sunday, September 29th, 2013 Christopher Sawyer Dobson was given a blessing by his father in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It was a special time for all of us.

Sawyer was so good and barely spit up all day long. We bought him a new blessing outfit. We thought about using the one Chris was blessed in but Grandma Dobson had it and we didn't know if it would fit. We kept a bib on him most of the time. It was the bib that Aunt Nara made for him when he was born. It is striped with a tie on it. So cute. Grandpa Dobson brought a small silver pin that says "Baby" and we had Sawyer wear it during the blessing. The pin was first worn by someone in Grandpa's family (I'm so sorry I can't remember who) and it has been worn by nearly all of the baby's blessed on Chris' side of the family. We were so glad we got to follow that tradition.

In the blessing Chris touched on several topics. After it was over I wrote down what I could remember. Aunt Robyn also wrote down some which was nice to have two memories at work. Sawyer, these are some of the things you were blessed with:

*a healthy, strong body
*to look up to good friends who will share the same values as our family
*be an example to those friends who have different values
*do service
*always be able to turn to Mom and Dad for guidance
*marry in the Temple and strive to keep your covenants
*to have a wife who will love you and love your family
*the desire to serve a mission
*to have a testimony of the Gospel and rely on it for guidance
*the ability to set and accomplish goals
*to know the Mom and Dad love you very much and waited a long time for you

It is true, we waited a long time for you Sawy-Boy and you were totally worth the wait!

After the blessing we had a small luncheon. I made a ton of pulled pork and we had people bring some side dishes. It was crazy and fun. We didn't get very many pictures because I was so busy. I'm sorry that we never got any with Grandma Lila and Papa or any one on my side of the family. By the time we felt ready for it, everyone had gone home. But we did get a few pictures with the Dobsons. It was a great day to share with family and Sawyer was such a good boy throughout it all. We are so blessed.


3 comments:

Deliliah said...

I'm sad we didn't get any pictures with him too. He looks like a little china doll in two of the pictures by himself. What a lovely blessing and I'm glad you and Robyn remembered those thing and wrote them down. Sawyer is such a sweetie and we love him.

Shian said...

He blessing shows what a special little person he is! He looks darling in his little outfit and I loved the story about the pin. That's really neat.

Gordon and Robyn said...

he looks just absolutely adorable in the first picture!
Glad we were able to be there for his special day :)