Monday, June 21, 2010

It Took Some Time...


Today Chris and I finished reading the Bible. Completely. Every single "inasmuch", "begat", and "Thus saith the Lord". It took us at least four years (I can't remember exactly when we started but I know we had just moved into our house when we were in Deuteronomy because I gave an answer in Relief Society about it and for some reason the memory stuck). We didn't read every night but I would say we read most nights. I am so proud of us. It is a major accomplishment. This is the first time either of us has read it all the way through. Now hopefully we can get the Book of Mormon read before our stake conference in November...

9 comments:

lisa louise said...

that is impressive!!!i cant even wrap my mind around doing that, it is to BIG!!! hahaha. now get going on the Book of Mormon, you slackers! ;-)

Marianne said...

Way to go! I got as far as Song of Solomon and gave up. (That is some crazy stuff!)
Good luck on the Book of Mormon!

Gordon and Robyn said...

That is a huge accomplishment! Good for you two!

Amy said...

Way to go! It seems like you recently renewed your commitment to read the bible, because I remember another post about it? Right? And we can't have been here for 4 years.

Way to go! That's the kind of thing I'd like to check off my bucket list. Once and for all. :)

Camey said...

I am way impressed. That is my next goal. We currently read the book of mormon backwards. I am almost to 1 Nephi and my goal is July. If you read it by November, you did it much faster than we did. I know how you must feel though because we too have tried to read every night and it is such a good feeling!

Gina said...

well done you two! now maybe chris won't get so much slack from the guys about "and moses said to jesus, 'these is my words!'" (or whatever it was :)

The Goffs said...

I have yet to do that...don't know that I ever will just front to back...the old testament ouch..way to go!!

Shian said...

Hooray! I'm just about done with 2 Chronicles. The Book of Mormon is SO much easier to understand. It doesn't seem to have such weird stories and I notice it explains what we should get out of the stories. The Bible certainly doesn't do that, so I am always left wondering why on earth someone felt that was important enough to preserve for the future.

Deliliah said...

Wow I'm impressed. I have trying for years to read it. I'm only in 2 Samuel. David just saw Bathsheba. I wonder if that is why we call it a Bath of bathing. Anyway great job.