On the truck, I have two stuffed Tiggers. It started out as one that I used at night to prevent my hand from going to sleep. Then he would sit with me as I drove. Then I thought I lost him out the door because I couldn't find him. Along came the second Tigger. I decided not to drive with him for fear I'd lose him, too. Then I found my first Tigger "hiding" in the pocket on the door. And the games of hide and seek began.
When it's my turn to sleep I'm usually a little nap-happy and this is my excuse. Every time I go to bed I talk to my Tiggers and tell them how excited I am to go to sleep, or how I can't wait to get under the warm blankets when it's cold outside. Sometimes I have to call for them when they're hiding in the blankets or under the pillows. They love these games of hide and seek.
Last week I admitted to Chris that I talk to my Tiggers and I told him of our games. A few days later as I was getting ready to go to bed Chris asked me to count to ten before I went back there (this was totally out of the blue, mind you) so I did. Then he looked at me kind of cute and said loudly "ready or not, here she comes". And an unexpected game of hide and seek started.
Chris had truly hid my Tiggers from me and I had to find them. (There was an extra one that week, making his way from N.C. to Utah.) It took me several minutes to find them all. One was in a tupperware on the top bunk, one was in the clothes drawer, one was sitting on the food shelf.
I love my husband. He doesn't laugh at me for being psycho. Instead, he plays along.

13 comments:
that is awesome that Chris is cool enough to play along with you... these little things make a marriage a lot more enjoyable
You two are my heros.
That's so cute. I'm sure Rob would laugh at me for my psycho-ness. He'd probably laugh at you too...
Tara, you're precious. And so is chris for playing along! I just love you guys!
Gavin says, "I recommend The Tigger Movie." I like your stuffed animal Tigger.
You guys are cute.
That's the cutest story I've heard in a long time!
That is really cute of him and pretty funny of you ;) but who am I kidding, I talk to, kiss and sunggle my DeeDee daily.
Yes Tara, he plays along, almost too well; in fact, maybe he's the crazy one and you are just humoring him;) (said Gordon)
Tara I freakin love you, you always make me laugh, and Chris is such a good sport. If only life could always be as care free as you make it sound. Thanks for making me smile today!
Oh my gosh. I can't tell you how much I love this. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. What a cute husband!!!
I'm glad that when you found the 1st Tigger you didn't throw the 2nd one across the room. It would be like Chris to keep teasing you the way Shian and I did with Lolly Dolly. Hey Chris playing along has for sure put you in the No. 1 spot. Love you.
You guys are so great - and that's why we're friends :D Tell Chris to stop hiding Dave's stuffed animals though okay? It's alright with the spouse but not when it's someone else's ;D
Post a Comment