Our 4th of July was great. I think the pictures speak for themselves but I'll give a little bit of commentary. We met up with my family in Mantua and went for a jeep ride up the canyon. We were aiming for the summit but never made it that far. We had a wonderful picnic of KFC (Chris's request) and that cornbread was heavenly. Then we went for a hike to a secluded pond. The entire afternoon Spencer was busy picking up sticks and putting them in Papa's pocket. It was so adorable to see. I can't wait until someday our kids can play with Papa and have Grandma sing songs and read books to them.
After our hike we went back to Mom and Dad's house (stopping to look at a moose on the way), had ice cream, and then lit our fireworks. Gavin had some fancy ones (some tanks and trucks) and we also had sparklers. It was very fun and a great way to celebrate our independence. I love America!

5 comments:
:(
our firework show was way cooler!
;)
Mmm...looks fabulous. :) Josh's favorite is "KFC in the mountains" something about childhood memories or something.... :)
Did you find any pictures of Gav with fireworks? I'm guessing not since there aren't any posted. I'm bad mom - I didn't take any.
I have not even posted my 4th of July. I am so so behind. Oh well, maybe tomorrow I can find some time. I had so much fun!
There's nothing better than hiking and KFC. :)
Post a Comment