For Chris and Brady's birthday we had an awesome party with a bunch of friends over. It was a blast. Gretchen made the boys each their own cake. When it came time to blow out the candles, this happened:
They also got these awesome glasses from Paul and Catherine:
We finally got curtains in the family room. I think they make a huge difference.
For Tiffany's birthday we took her and Ryan to the play starring our friend Kirsten. It was called Charley's Aunt and was very funny. Kirst did a great job!
'Nara came to visit us with her boyfriend Charlie. It's always wonderful when she comes to stay and this time we actually had some time to have some fun. We went to Thanksgiving Point Gardens and rode the segways. We looked like nerds but had a blast!
This is where Chris proposed to me (minus the funny helmet Ü)
'Nara and Charlie
Such a cute couple
A few weekends ago we went to Moab with my family. I love it there (even more than Yellowstone). Soon after we got there my Aunt Cindy called needing help. The wind had blown their tent trailer over. I didn't get any pictures of it but did get some of the cliff we had to hike down to retrieve some of their stuff.

Later that night, Mom was so cold she wrapped her legs in the tablecloth. I was going to post the picture but we were laughing so hard that it didn't turn out very good. Ü Here's our line-up. Those are some good looking jeeps!

Views of us going through the water from the outside and inside


Mom taking a nap while the menfolk fixed a jeep and I played with Aubrey (my cousins daughter. My second cousin? My cousin twice removed and once put back? I don't know but she was cute as a button.)

Rose Garden Hill



My mom walked up that entire hill. I was quite impressed. Too bad she had to turn around and walk back down it. Ü It was such a wonderful weekend. It felt longer than two days. Plus, we got some awesome shirts. I love Moab!!!
On Friday Chris's Dad suffered a stroke. Immediately afterward he seemed to be doing okay but then he regressed and now he's going to require surgery. An artery in his brain is 90% blocked (or something like that, I'm not exactly sure) so he'll go in for surgery on Tuesday. We're saying our prayers and keeping our fingers crossed for him.
Tomorrow we're taking our niece Julese on her playdate and for Memorial Day we're going river rafting so I'll have much more to blog about soon.
Happy Mother's Day to all our Mom's. We love you so much and we're so grateful for all you've done and still do for us.

7 comments:
LOVED the update! Moab looks like a blast, and the pic of you two kissing on the segways is classic! I think it's frame worthy...
How fun! Love seeing all the jeeps! I especially love those curtains!! Did you make them?
Great to have an update! So much news! Moab looked like a blast - so glad you could see Lanara, I'm sorry for Chris' dad and we'll keep him in our prayers (which one, btw?). And I love how the curtains look! Phew- that was a lot.
I would love to take our jeeps to moab one day. Sorry to hear about Chris' dad.
Thanks for blogging...I know you only did it for me, right? So sorry to hear about Chris's dad. Keep me updated. Miss you guys!
I like the curtains. I can't wait to see them in person. Moab was a lot of fun. I'm glad you came. Let us know how Allen's surgey went.
Love you :)
'Nara
Post a Comment