
Today marks my first month of no candy. My sister Robyn and I made a pact to forgo candy for one month but I think I'm going to go until the end of the year. Surprisingly (seriously, I'm very surprised) it hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be. I still get to eat cookies and pies and whatnot. I'm not crazy enough to think I can totally quit sugar, but I'm quite happy with myself. How are you doing, Robyn?

16 comments:
Yay Tara!!! I should have done it with you guys. Ryan was so unsupportive. "You can't do it" .. "There's no way" . I sure showed him, huh? ;)
Congrats, Tara!! I am proud of you, especially with the Holidays right now.
I can't wait to see all of you on Saturday!
wow, good for you Tara! Speaking from experience, it just gets easier and easier! I went off from June to Aug (when I found out I was preggo - seriously would not want to deprive a pregnant woman of ANYTHING....). Anyway, go for it and I wish you the best of luck (not that you need it).
Good job that is awesome. I would try it but I don't know how long I would last. I guess I would just have to do it.
Way to go! I'm very impressed and totally think you can make it to the end of the year. Congrats!
Way to go Tara! When I was 14-15 my parents paid me $100 to go without candy for one year and I did it. You are right, you still get cookies and cake and ice cream.
Liesl
holy cow I could NEVER EVER do that! Good for you girl!!
Um... don't ask.
Okay I'll tell. I absolutely made it the whole month only dying for it on like day 2 and then one more day just at the very end.
I gorged myself on almond M&Ms and fruity MIke 'n Ikes at work (two candies of which are banned during braces, go figure. We are a buncha hypocrites ;) and made myself sick. I am so lame.
I'll maybe start again in the new year.
Count me out for a plan like that.
More power to you! I'm very proud
That's impressive! I had to give up most sugar while I was pregnant and I thought it was seriously THE hardest thing!
I was going to bring you some of my delicious homemade carmels, but I guess you probably won't want something like that around tempting your tastebuds!
you're crazy. i NEED candy.
Good for you! You're doing fantastic! Why don't we all do it together in the new year? I'll wait till after Christmas.
What a good idea! I think I should do it too. However, candy isn't as hard for me as just sweets in general! I love your background and I love your Christmas songs!
Wow! That's pretty impressive. I can make it a few days but then I've gotta have it.
Good job!
I think I have gone without candy for maybe 2 hours at one time. Great for you. I love your new wallpaper, and your new play list. I'll be listening to it tomorrow at work. Thanks. Today was really nice. Thanks for the brunch this morning and the good company and the reason for our getting together.
Post a Comment