Okay family, this is the rest of my list of memories. These ones involved three or more of us so I couldn't decide who's blog to put them on. I had so much fun thinking these thoughts. I love you all.
Sleeping under the swamp cooler with all the pillows and blankets we could find
Walking Chocolate
Making cookies EVERY Sunday
Sleeping in the basement in Kearns with all the spiders (after we moved back from Vegas)
When I put tape on the floor in our bedroom so that "my room" was always clean
Fake sleeping in the hammock for Christmas Eve
Playing on the big rubber band in the basement. I need one of those
How big we thought our van was when we first got it. And how excited we were
Playing in our raincoats in the rain with those plastic bag kites
The making and eating of our infamous peanut butter
When we showed Dad the full potential of his Father's Day clothes. Can you say "Billy Bob"?
The Cookie Nazi
Singing into our microphones made out of pipe cleaners
Our Christmas Eve traditions: being locked in our bedroom, the tent of blankets on the bunk bed with all of us crammed in there sideways to sleep, the Nyquil, having games and a bucket in case we woke up, jumping of the top bunk to wake up Mom and Dad, having to brush our teeth first while Dad held a blanket up to hide the front room from view, opening up our stockings first and presents second
Going swimming at Mandy and Ryan's house in Vegas
All the family 4-wheel rides and how we would fit 6 people on it
When you would help me dye my hair
Horseback riding at Grandpa Franks
Sledding at Grandma and Grandpa's
Waving the big rakes in their front yard at the cars that would fly by going 70 mph and thinking the drivers would notice
The tent we would make by hanging sheets on the clothes line in Kearns
Drawing faces on our chin and laying upside down to talk
Stuffing pillows in our clothes and wrestling
This list could go on but I'll stop now. Love you. See you in two weeks.
Tara, I have so many with you from Junior High, this should be fun.
1. Our Christmas parties every year. My all-time favorite is the one where we made that tape. "My name is David Churchtown because I go to every church in town." Man, I was such a witty 14 year old.
2. Making a huge batch of greasy fries and walking around the neighborhood trying to share them.
3. Region Dances. Raiding each others closets and getting ready together.
4. Making cookies at least once or twice a week.
5. French class with Ms. Bogaard. Or should we say Ms. Ornery Pants?!
6. Walking past Jaron and Jeff's house daily. What little stalkers we were..
7. And last but not least, our infamous read-athons all summer. Sweet Valley High rocks!
I am so glad that we got back in touch. You will always be one of my best girlfriends. ♥ ya!
Let's see... Catering: my first job- you, me, Clif, Shian, and Mom technically. I loved that job. (remember when you made us all tons of refried beans because you didn't want Mike the Chef to be mad that you had him make more?)
I remember I asked you to help me pluck my eyebrows for the first time.
I remember watching you in the musicals and choir and wanting to grow up as beautiful and song-bird like as you.
Singing together in the stair wells at USU.
Josh Lynch going from sister to sister.
You understood the need to make me center of attention or make me feel like a star like when you would get me flower's when I was in shows. You get it.
We are very much a like, but so totally different.
I remember I loved you and Shian's perms.
I remember when I was in like 4th or 5th grade and you, Mom and Shian through me a suprise b-day party. You and Shian made up that game of the monster mouth thing where we tried to throw the baloon in the mouth. The mouth was made out of that yarn rope thing you made a lot of.
I remember you and Emily's reading hangouts too.
I remember how totally awesome your pager was! And how badly I missed you when you went to Hawaii.
You having a crush on Mr. Baer. When some girls from another school were flirting with him and wouldn't believe him when he said he was a teacher.
Tara, you have always liked to talk on the phone and now I have proof. I opened up a journal that I started for you when you were little. I wrote it in 1st person, from your point of view. This was written February 11th, 1981. "I sure like to play with the phone. Whenever Mom turns her back, I'm up on the chair talking into it. I turn and smile at Mom so cute, but for some reason she keeps telling me, "no" and hanging it up. But try, try again". Although I had forgotten that a long time ago the pen recorded it. There are only about 10 entries, but it was fun to read the.
Lolly Dolly the imposter that you would throuw off your bed.
On your first day of school, you were really nervous to let me leave. You came bouncing home saying, "I'll never be scared to go to school again."
Remember when you were mad one day and kept throwing pillows off the top bunk. I would gather them all up and give them back, so you could keep throwing.
How could you have forgotten the pink pillow? I bet if you saw it you would start thinking things like, "I need to get lunch money." It's in a box in my storage unit.
How you organize your closet like mine. Your long hair. If you don't remember this I can explain later, "I bet Clif likes them." Your hugs. Playing games with you. You are so fun. "I want chocolate!" Riding with you to places. Knowing that when I call you I need to make sure I have an hour free :) Your nice wedding gift. You are so helpful. Your beautiful, beautiful voice that I am envious of. Your kind smile. How my mom and dad just loved you and Chris and always talked about you.
Chris and I started dating in 2000 and were married in 2002. After much waiting, our son Sawyer was born in 2013. We love spending time together as an eternal family.
10 comments:
Okay family, this is the rest of my list of memories. These ones involved three or more of us so I couldn't decide who's blog to put them on. I had so much fun thinking these thoughts. I love you all.
Sleeping under the swamp cooler with all the pillows and blankets we could find
Walking Chocolate
Making cookies EVERY Sunday
Sleeping in the basement in Kearns with all the spiders (after we moved back from Vegas)
When I put tape on the floor in our bedroom so that "my room" was always clean
Fake sleeping in the hammock for Christmas Eve
Playing on the big rubber band in the basement. I need one of those
How big we thought our van was when we first got it. And how excited we were
Playing in our raincoats in the rain with those plastic bag kites
The making and eating of our infamous peanut butter
When we showed Dad the full potential of his Father's Day clothes. Can you say "Billy Bob"?
The Cookie Nazi
Singing into our microphones made out of pipe cleaners
Our Christmas Eve traditions: being locked in our bedroom, the tent of blankets on the bunk bed with all of us crammed in there sideways to sleep, the Nyquil, having games and a bucket in case we woke up, jumping of the top bunk to wake up Mom and Dad, having to brush our teeth first while Dad held a blanket up to hide the front room from view, opening up our stockings first and presents second
Going swimming at Mandy and Ryan's house in Vegas
All the family 4-wheel rides and how we would fit 6 people on it
When you would help me dye my hair
Horseback riding at Grandpa Franks
Sledding at Grandma and Grandpa's
Waving the big rakes in their front yard at the cars that would fly by going 70 mph and thinking the drivers would notice
The tent we would make by hanging sheets on the clothes line in Kearns
Drawing faces on our chin and laying upside down to talk
Stuffing pillows in our clothes and wrestling
This list could go on but I'll stop now. Love you. See you in two weeks.
Tara, I have so many with you from Junior High, this should be fun.
1. Our Christmas parties every year. My all-time favorite is the one where we made that tape. "My name is David Churchtown because I go to every church in town." Man, I was such a witty 14 year old.
2. Making a huge batch of greasy fries and walking around the neighborhood trying to share them.
3. Region Dances. Raiding each others closets and getting ready together.
4. Making cookies at least once or twice a week.
5. French class with Ms. Bogaard. Or should we say Ms. Ornery Pants?!
6. Walking past Jaron and Jeff's house daily. What little stalkers we were..
7. And last but not least, our infamous read-athons all summer. Sweet Valley High rocks!
I am so glad that we got back in touch. You will always be one of my best girlfriends. ♥ ya!
Playing midgets between the bedframe and mattress.
The pink pillow that helped up remember everything.
How I hated watching you organize the closet every time Mom did wash, so I put that tape on the hangers to identify what went where.
Taking pictures of each other posing.
Lining up your book with the lines on the ceiling.
Gav's done with his dinner, so it's time to start family night. More later.
Let's see...
Catering: my first job- you, me, Clif, Shian, and Mom technically. I loved that job. (remember when you made us all tons of refried beans because you didn't want Mike the Chef to be mad that you had him make more?)
I remember I asked you to help me pluck my eyebrows for the first time.
I remember watching you in the musicals and choir and wanting to grow up as beautiful and song-bird like as you.
Singing together in the stair wells at USU.
Josh Lynch going from sister to sister.
You understood the need to make me center of attention or make me feel like a star like when you would get me flower's when I was in shows. You get it.
We are very much a like, but so totally different.
I remember I loved you and Shian's perms.
I remember when I was in like 4th or 5th grade and you, Mom and Shian through me a suprise b-day party. You and Shian made up that game of the monster mouth thing where we tried to throw the baloon in the mouth. The mouth was made out of that yarn rope thing you made a lot of.
I remember you and Emily's reading hangouts too.
I remember how totally awesome your pager was! And how badly I missed you when you went to Hawaii.
Sorry I didn't comment sooner. I have been busy reading.
One more thing. I remember how on Thanksgiving you called me bawling "Is Edward ever going to come back?!" I loved that. You such a cute romantic sap.
Dresses made out of newspaper.
You having a crush on Mr. Baer. When some girls from another school were flirting with him and wouldn't believe him when he said he was a teacher.
Tara, you have always liked to talk on the phone and now I have proof. I opened up a journal that I started for you when you were little. I wrote it in 1st person, from your point of view. This was written February 11th, 1981. "I sure like to play with the phone. Whenever Mom turns her back, I'm up on the chair talking into it. I turn and smile at Mom so cute, but for some reason she keeps telling me, "no" and hanging it up. But try, try again". Although I had forgotten that a long time ago the pen recorded it. There are only about 10 entries, but it was fun to read the.
Lolly Dolly the imposter that you would throuw off your bed.
On your first day of school, you were really nervous to let me leave. You came bouncing home saying, "I'll never be scared to go to school again."
Just Justin.
My blue jeans only fit me.
Remember when you were mad one day and kept throwing pillows off the top bunk. I would gather them all up and give them back, so you could keep throwing.
How could you have forgotten the pink pillow? I bet if you saw it you would start thinking things like, "I need to get lunch money." It's in a box in my storage unit.
Thanks for the invite to dinner! I'm not sure if Jake is working but I will let you know for sure soon! Ü
How you organize your closet like mine.
Your long hair.
If you don't remember this I can explain later, "I bet Clif likes them."
Your hugs.
Playing games with you. You are so fun.
"I want chocolate!"
Riding with you to places.
Knowing that when I call you I need to make sure I have an hour free :)
Your nice wedding gift.
You are so helpful.
Your beautiful, beautiful voice that I am envious of.
Your kind smile.
How my mom and dad just loved you and Chris and always talked about you.
Post a Comment