Thursday, April 7, 2011

Seat Covers


Our truck has some really beat up seats. I made some seat covers a few years back but they were falling apart in shreds. I decided that since I had made them once, I could make them again. Boy, was I wrong. I just about broke my mom's sewing machine several times and in the end I was unable to sew the ties on. (I did get Chris's temple pants hemmed though. Have I mentioned that Chris has lost a ton of weight and needed new temple pants? Well, he has and he did. Ü) I tried hand-sewing the ties on and clearly that was not going to work. Then, I thought I should make sure the new seat covers fit before I went to any more headache. Turns out, they didn't. Not even close. I have no pattern and just kind of make it up as I go. The first time it worked out really well. This time, not so much. I made the decision that I was done with the seat covers and we would just have to live with really torn up seats. But then I had the brilliant idea to ask Gretchen to make them for me. She used my original covers as a pattern and Voila! She did an amazing job and it was so worth it to me to pay to have them done instead of go through the hassle of trying again myself. So, now I have beautiful seats again. Thank you, thank you, thank you Gretch! I love them! You are my official seat cover maker. (And probably anything else I need sewn EVER.)




1 comment:

Shian said...

They look really nice. She did a great job.