Well, after about seven and a half years of trying, Chris and I have some very exciting news. We have a new arrival in our lives!

He weighs 80,000 pounds and is about 68 feet long.
We are so excited to be taking this next step in our company. We hope to add slowly and steadily to our fleet over the next year so that we can get off the truck and start our real family. Ü
Our new driver is named Rick and we really like him. He has a lot of experience and is a really nice guy.

Chris has been unbelievably busy these past several weeks. We really were doing too much at once since we were selling our old house, buying a new one, moving (by the way, we moved but just up the street. Maybe I'll get around to blogging about that someday...), and then getting another truck, all in the month of October and November. Here is just a part of one of the lists of things that Chris has had to deal with (I'm just going to type what he wrote on his list since I don't know what some of it means):
form 2290 heavy vehicle tax
getloaded.com set up
wabash paid
prepass setup
ez pass
fuel card setup
setup fedex account
trip packs and info sheets
promiles online
IFTA
permit book
yard space
Buckner company
background check
setup payroll Quickbooks
setup direct deposit
fax bills
driver file
MVR
CDL 15 report
Past employment
card signs for decals
debit card and acct link
activate insurance
get directions/addresses
fax emp H57 request
Order comchecks
verification of fedex labels
compufact
broker packet
Oregon authority
alpha express
pet policy
per diem
governed 67
paper logs
fuel card
chock for wheels
maintenance
downtime
routes
chaining up
central dispatch
NASTC
per diem tax deduction
update truck number with EZ pass
update address with Humana
USTC plates
trailer title
FMSCA regulations book
GPS
W-9
I-9
security deposit
tires
truck/trailer VIN
Call Foley for drug testing locations
Sky Harbor
load locks
OOIDA member
trailer chain hooks
Now most of this has to do with after we found the truck, trailer and driver. He had a huge list just to get to this point involving finding the equipment, posting the job ad, looking at applications and backgrounds of different people and hiring. And since we've had Rick out on the road, Chris hasn't had a full nights sleep uninterrupted until last night. He gets a couple hours here, a half hour there, three hours, before he has to wake up to deal with something else. Hopefully we'll get into a groove pretty soon and it won't be quite as hectic but I know it'll get worse before it gets better. Ü It was very moving to watch Rick drive away on Monday knowing all our hard work had finally paid off. I'm so happy. I have such a wonderful blessed life.

Chris, you are amazing! (and a little short in that picture Ü) I love you.

7 comments:
that is awesome!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
how exciting to see all your work start paying off! i hope you guys are able to get off the truck soon! and i wish for nothing but the best for Dobson Transportation!
We are so excited for this new addition. We will have to get a wide lens for the next family picture! Seriously, congrats guys.
You guys have definitely deserved this new addition to your lives! We are so proud of your accomplishments and are super excited for you both to be off the truck soon. Especially since I am having Chris n Tara withdrawals... Love you guys!
Congratulations on your new "baby" :)
Yeah, the sleepness nights must be training for future additions to the family. :D I'm so so happy for you guys!
How adorable! Good job you guys! I'm so happy for you! :)
Hi Sis, can you tell Emily Filby to invite me to her blog. Apparently I missed that she went private... like forever ago. On my blog list it just looked like she hadn't updated in that long :( could you please ask her for me? robynpeer@hotmail.com
Post a Comment