Monday, February 18, 2008

Our Valentines Day

My husband is such a sweet thing. Sneaky, too. We were in N.C. on Valentines which means we have time to go eat at a real restaurant and not Subway (always exciting). We usually go to Applebees; so often in fact that we have become good friends with Jen, our server. I told her that Chris would get to spend time with his two favorite girls on Heart Day: me and her. But she said she was off that day. I believed her. Sneaky, sneaky Chris. She was working and he had her set everything up so that when we got there I was completely surprised. There were a dozen roses, balloons, chocolates, a card, and a strawberry daquiri (non-alcoholic, of course) all waiting on the bar for me. So sneaky. I was thrilled. It was really sweet. And all I got him was a card that I made and a store-bought card. I love Topher so much. I am so blessed to have him in my life. Everyday we're together is more beautiful than the last. This is us at the restaurant. I should have taken a picture of Jen, too since she was in on the scheme. I'll get her sometime.I hope you all had a great holiday as well. :)

3 comments:

k8e said...

That is soooo cute! Don't you just love surprises!!!! I would keep him if I were you! :o)

Sue said...

What a fun surprise! I am impressed that he was able to keep it a secret while getting others involved. Great job Chris!!!!

Emily Youngdell said...

Ok, he is too cute. What a sweet husband!! You guys look so adorable together and seem so happy.