Monday, February 25, 2008

Fun With Our Family and Friends

This weekend was a busy one for us. Action-packed with fun. On Saturday my sister and her husband came to stay with us. We went to the temple and then came home when I realized I had forgotten my recommend and then went back. We barely squeaked in to the 7:00 pm session (I had forgotten that the live sessions are only on the hour). We haven't been to the temple in quite a while so it was doubly great to be there. It was really wonderful despite the frazzled beginning. Then we went to PF Changs for dinner. Yummy. It was delicious as always. When we came home Chris and my brother-in-law "took" us to a romantic concert by Michael Buble (on our DVD player). It was a great show and we got to be in our comfy clothes instead of dresses that you can't move in. What nice guys. On Sunday they came to church with us. I love to have people go to church with me. I tend to talk a bit too much though. Hmmm. I wonder if Chris noticed. Lol. All in all it was a great time to spend with family. We love you.
Later on Sunday we went to Jon and Tracy's house for games. What a blast. I love to get to know people in the ward better. It is always so fun. Chris and I reaffirmed that we are meant for each other. Neither of us scored any points in the game (I don't mind admitting I'm a loser; we'll see if Chris does) and for one of the questions we put the same answer. The question was "If you had to cover your bedroom wall with the face of a single person who would it be" (or something along those lines). I put 'my husband' and Chris put his 'significant other with a smiling face'. Wow. I know it was a cheesey answer but I sure love it. I am such a hopeless romantic. It was a really fun evening.
On Monday we went to Lonestar Steakhouse with a big group of friends from the ward to celebrate some birthdays. Megan, Antz and I all have the same birthday. Pretty impressive. It was so much fun. When I get some pictures I will post them and tell more about it.
So all in all it was a very busy weekend, but full of fun and totally worth it.

7 comments:

Stephenson and Katie said...

first of all- Chris why were you commenting at 2:45 AM?! Geez get some sleep boy! But it was an amazing comment :) Cute temple pic- your sis is a doll! But of course so are you tara! Thanks sooo much again for last night- good times- :) Love you guys!

Tiffany said...

Tara- I don't have your email address!!Isn't that funny? We've been friends for over a year and I'm pretty sure you don't have my email either. I can email you the pictures- whats your email???

k8e said...

Thanks again for the great night and for dinner! We had so much fun! You seriously are the nicest! We'll have to have another game night soon since Jed and I missed out on the last one! :o(

Anonymous said...

Hey, I figured it out! I'm not a retard! I miss you tons and I honestly look forward to reading your blog. It makes me feel like we're not that far away or something. Sorry I haven't called in a while, long story, I'll catch you up later. Great job on the blog! You're becoming a pro! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

You should have called us! We never have anyone to go to the temple to go with and we LOVE to go. We always miss out on the fun things!
Hope everything is going well. I knew about the V-day surprise and have been dying to hear more! Talk to you soon!
~Camey

ariel said...

found you first :)

It was fun hanging out with you last night! you're a friggin genius @ rock band & american idol!

i'm going to go read your blog now. i'll let you know soon about music for Easter!

Emily Youngdell said...

Tara I love your blog!! I can't tell you how excited I am to keep in touch with you so much better. It's a shame that we let all of these years go by. (sniff, sniff..) I really had such a blast seeing everyone Saturday. Like I told you, you were the one that I really wanted to visit with! I can't wait for April 19th either.
By the way, your pictures are amazing! Hey, tell Chrisy poo that I can't wait to meet him. Ü