In April we added four more trucks to our fleet and also got some office space. We are so excited to be making these moves forward. It has been a ton of work and Chris's phone is always making noise. This story will illustrate what I mean: when Chris originally got his smart phone we started calling it "Precious" (reference from Lord of the Rings") because he loved it so much. About a week after adding these four trucks Chris said to me "will you give me hell?" I looked at him like he was a little crazy and he said "my phone, that's its new name!" I must admit, I laughed. Slowly, things are getting a little more settled now. The drivers are starting to get in the groove a bit more and are calling less. And one of the companies we work with have hired several more people who have really made a difference in the way loads are handled and the communication. Hopefully by mid-summer we will be able to take a short weekend to go camping. Chris is thinking (and telling people) we could be off the truck in 4-5 months. I'm thinking it will probably be more like 6-8 months. The reason I think that is just because every step we've taken so far has taken longer than expected before it's in place. We're growing fast now, don't get me wrong, but the paperwork and red tape make everything quite the process. I'm basically trying to not get my hopes up about when we might be done. Then, if we are done driving in 5 months I can be ecstatic but if we're not, I won't be disappointed. :) Here are a couple pictures of our trucks and new office space:




9 comments:
:D So exciting - it seems like as soon as you got that 2nd truck this has all taken off FAST!
That is so awesome! We are thrilled for you guys and are so proud of all your accomplishments.
love you
Wow! Only a few more months on the truck! That is so exciting for you guys. I hope everything goes smoothly.
very cool! best of luck!
Those pictures made me so happy. All those trucks, all that office space.
Congratulations my friends!
So exciting! I hope the work starts slowing down (and the money starts flowing in :) )
So exciting! You guys look so happy :)
So exciting! You guys look so happy :)
I hope hell renames it self back to precious. and that you do get off the truck soon. I'm glad to have a picture of the trucks so I can show folks.
Post a Comment